Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy birthday... / Feliz aniversário

This article is written in English and Portuguese
Este artigo está escrito em Inglês e Português

English version:

I'm really not very good with dates. I keep forgetting them. Today I was reviewing some of the blog links and structure, and one date poped up: September 26 of 2006. Around four years ago I made the first post in this blog. During these four years I believe I've made some interesting posts here (apologies for the lack od modesty), and judging by some feedback I have received some of this posts were important for my readers. That's the best reward I could get.
On that first post I explained some of the reasons why I was creating a blog. And these were:

  1. The only blog I've found about Informix seems empty
  2. I've been involved with Informix technology for several years and I think the Informix community although enthusiastic is a bit invisible
  3. I have some subjects about which I'd like to write a bit...
It's with great pleasure that I see that 1) and 2) aren't valid anymore. As you can see from the lists of links on the right side, we have a healthy blog community. We also have a strong international user group, and new user groups are appearing around the world (China, Adria, Brazil...)

One thing has not changed: I still have some subjects about which I'd like to write a bit. History is a funny thing and tends to repeat itself. Around 2006 we were preparing Cheetah which was released in 2007. Then came Cheetah 2 (2008). We're now waiting for Panther.

So I hope you enjoy the links/blogs revision and stay tuned for upcoming articles. Let's hope I have the time for everything I want to publish

Versão Portuguesa:

Não sou nada bom com datas. É habitual esquecer-me dos aniversários dos amigos (e até mesmo do meu!). Hoje estava a rever a lista de links e blogs e uma data saltou-me à vista: 26 de Setembro de 2006. Há cerca de quatro anos atrás eu coloquei o primeiro artigo neste blog. Durante estes quatro anos escrevi alguns artigos interessantes (modéstia à parte) e a julgar por algumas reacções que recebi, alguns desses artigos foram importantes para os meus leitores. Essa é a melhor recompensa que poderia ter.

Nesse primeiro artigo eu indiquei as razões porque estava a criar um blog. E estas eram:

  1. O único blog que encontrei sobre Informix parecia vazio
  2. Estava envolvido com a tecnologia Informix há já vários anos e parecia-me que a comunidade Informix, apesar de entusiasta, parecia invisível.
  3. Tinha vários assuntos sobre os quais queria escrever...
É com grande prazer que vejo que 1) e 2) já não são válidos. Como se pode ver pela lista de à direita, temos uma comunidade de blogs bastante saudável. Também temos um grupo internacional de utilizadores forte, e novos grupos locais têm aparecido (China, Adria, Brasil...)

Algo que não mudou: Ainda tenho vários assuntos sobre os quais desejo escrever. A história costuma repetir-se. Por volta de 2006 estávamos a preparar a versão Cheetah que foi lançada em 2007. Depois veio a Cheetah 2 (2008). Agora estamos à espera do Panther.

Assim, espero que aprecie a revisão dos links/blogs e mantenha-se alerta aos próximos artigos. Espero que tenha tempo suficiente para tudo o que pretendo publicar.

No comments:

Post a Comment